1. Cooks Meeting is at 9:30 A.M. on Saturday all team members are welcome but Head Cooks are required to be in attendance. Turn in for Bloody Mary is 11:30 A.M., Open is 1:00 P.M. and Dessert is 2 P.M. Cooks Crawfish turn in time will be 3 P.M. Awards will be announced following the live auction at 5:30 P.M.
2. Head Cooks are responsible for the conduct of the team and the cleanup of their area once the cooking is complete.
3. You will be judged on aroma, appearance, texture and taste.
4. Only put crawfish in the container that will be judged. If it has potatoes, corn, sausage or anything else other than crawfish you will be disqualified.
5. Belt Buckles will be awarded for 1st Place and Metal art trophies will be awarded for 2nd and 3rd Places
6. Bloody Mary, Open Cajun dish and dessert are $30 per entry and we will pay out 50% of the total entries of these items. We will also give a cup for each category.
7. Open Dish must be Cajun inspired.
8. All spices and any produce used must be inspected before you start cooking Saturday.
9. The Team fee is $400 per team.
10. Only the head cook and 3 team members will get all you can eat crawfish.
11. We will have all the teams not only cook what they need to turn in but also help cook what is sold to the public. (This amount will depend on the total team count and will start when the Cooks meeting is over)
12. Each team will need to bring any tools, propane, cookers and pots they need to cook with and produce or seasoning they will use. We will only be supplying the turn in containers, crawfish, sausage, corn and potatoes. You will also need an ice chest to transfer the crawfish we sell to the public to our ice chest we will serve out of. You will also need a container to purge the crawfish. Bring enough Boil to season 3 Bags of Crawfish. We will not know until the day of on how many bags you will get because it is based off of the team count.
13. Each team will have a 10×10 area. You must supply your own tables and chairs. (The hall has water, limited electricity and the cook’s area is covered)
14. DVSC and the La Vernia C of C Hall will not be responsible for any accidents.
15. If any team or team member is caught serving Crawfish to the public or anyone not wearing a wristband they will be asked to leave. Any amendments to these rules will be discussed during the Cooks Meeting at 9:30 A.M.
For More information call Neal Baker 830-534-3986.